Qualified for FREE shipping (continental USA) on orders of $99 or more. Outstanding price for fresh certified USDA organic chia.
We've got chia! Organic chia seeds have been out of stock through most of 2012 due to floods and droughts. The world supply has been scarce. But now, thanks to Nutiva, we've got organic chia again, and it's FRESH chia. Check out the specs:
* Certified USDA organic
* FRESH chia, just packed in October of 2012
* Packed in 12 oz. resealable bags, easy to keep fresh
* Grown in Argentina! This is a higher-quality chia with higher omega-3 oil content than many other chia varieties
* Chia seeds are a storable superfood with minimum shelf life of two years, and in truth they will last 4 years, even longer if refrigerated
* A world-class superfood with fiber, protein, omega-3s, antioxidants, magnesium and more!
* The ultimate preparedness food, with a hundred uses!
10 ways to use organic chia
1) Add to any tea for a chia tea
2) Sprinkle on a salad
3) Add to breakfast cereals to increase nutrition
4) Blend into any smoothie
5) Add to pasta sauce to make a chia sauce!
6) Make your own salad dressing with healthy oils, spices and chia
7) Mixes into any bread mix: Muffins, pancakes, breads, etc.
8) Blend with flax and dry on sheets to make raw flax / chia crackers
9) Sprinkle on rice, couscous or quinoa to add nutrition and interest
10) Mix with buckwheat, hemp seeds and fresh fruit, add water for a delicious breakfast cereal!
Organic Chia Seeds
Revered by the early Aztec and Mayan cultures, chia seeds are a
superfood packed with fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and
antioxidants. Tiny but mighty Nutiva organic chia seeds are versatile
for use in recipes both savory and sweet, including yogurt and oatmeal,
or in smoothies, added to sauces as a thickener and to muffins and cakes
as an egg replacement. Try Nutiva organic chia seed today!